Advanced Surgical Oncology
Complex cancers are managed using a multidisciplinary approach involving sophisticated pre-operative, operative and post-operative techniques that are overseen by medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and a specially trained, board certified surgical oncologist.
Advanced oncology surgeries include:
- Endorectal ultrasound in conjunction with sphincter-saving surgery for rectal cancers
- Extensive resections for soft tissue sarcomas
- Gastric malignancies
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymphadenectomy for malignantmelanomas - procedure that allows the surgeon to target lymph nodes to which cancer has spread and to remove only those which require it.
- Management of pancreatic and biliary tumors
- Primary and medastatic liver tumors