Urological Surgery and Procedures
- Bladder cancer
- Brachytherapy (radioactive seeds) - new minimally invasive treatment of prostate cancer.
- Continent urinary diversion - using pieces of bowel to make new bladder after bladder removal for cancer.
- Cystoplasty - using piece of bowel to increase bladder capacity.
- Cystoscopy - test to examine the interior lining of the bladder and urethra. Test is done to evaluate problems that affect the urinary tract (blood in the urine, painful urination, incontinence and inability to pass urine), treat these problems or remove tissue samples for biopsy.
- Disease of the prostate gland
- Impotency (E.D.) - from medical treatment to surgical treatment of impotence. Psychological assessment available.
- Incontinence problems - complete evaluation and treatment of female incontinence including non-surgical approaches.
- Kidney stones
- Laser treatment of urological conditions that include stones, genital lesions, etc.
- Nephroureterectomy - treatment for cancer where the kidney, ureter and top part of the bladder are removed.
- Orchiectomy - removal of the testicles, the body's main source of testosterone, which prostate cancer usually needs to continue growing.
- Partial penectomy - treatment for penile cancer where part of the penis is removed
- Penile implant.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy - kidney stones are removed through a tubes inserted into the kidney through a small incision in the back. A probe is passed through the tube and the kidney stone is pulverized with ultrasound or crushed. The stone fragments are removed through the tube.
- Prostate biopsy
- Reversal of vasectomy - procedure to restore male fertility after vasectomy.
- Shockwave lithotripsy - using ultrasound and electrical technology to break up kidney stones without open surgery.
- Surgery for disease of the urinary tract surgery for prostate, bladder and kidney disease.
- TURP - transurethral resection of the prostate - used to remove part of an enlarged prostate.
- TUIP - transurethral incision of the prostate - using an electric current or laser beam, an incision is made in the prostate where it meets the bladder. Cutting muscle in this area relaxes the opening of the bladder, decreasing resistance to the flow of urine.
- Ureteroscopy - looking inside the bladder and kidney for diagnosing or treatment of ureter and kidney conditions.