Multiple Sclerosis Center
The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center at Sturdy Memorial Hospital has provided specialized and coordinated care for people with MS since 1995. Our goal is to minimize the impact of the disease while maximizing each person’s physical and emotional well-being. The MS Center utilizes a multidisciplinary team approach to optimally address the complex needs of people with MS.
Skilled neurologists, nurses, physical therapists, social workers, and others work together to offer a wide range of services. These services include:
• Medical management of MS and related symptoms
• Management of Medtronic pump for pain and spasticity
• BOTOX® for migraine headaches and spasticity
• Infusion therapy including intravenous steroids and TYSABRI®
• Physician and nursing services, physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), social services, and speech/language assessments
• Individual PT exercise programs and referrals for outpatient PT
To schedule an appointment at the MS Center, or to learn more about our MS treatments and services, please call 508-236-7170.